Summer is just about over for us New Yorkers, but I’m not ready to let go. So to keep the sunshine here for just a little longer, here is the Summer Forever Headband. I created this headband for a friend who needed a simple yellow accessory to match the sneakers she was wearing to a concert last month. The yellow she needed was so soft and light, almost like butter. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find the right yarn for it.
But I did. I found the perfect yellow inside of a Caron Baby Cake in the Citrus Delicious colorway.
The yarn is soft to the touch and works up really quickly. I was able to make the headband, adult sized, in less than 45 minutes (while at my day job).
- Caron Baby Cake or comparable yarn in color of your choice
- 4.5 mm crochet hook (US7)
- Yarning needle — to weave in ends
- Step 1: Chain 8 (to increase width of headband, chain as many as you would like here).
- Step 2: Single crochet into the 2nd chain from the hook and every chain across. Chain 1 and turn work.
- Step 3: Repeat second step until headband is approximately 26” in length.
- Step 4: Fasten off and weave in your ends.
Now that you’ve finished your headband, tie it comfortably around your head and go enjoy these last few days of Summer!!!!!